Conquered your battle with pimples, but left with nasty scars?
Acne scars can take a long time to heal, so you need to be patient. Our clear & confident pimple clearing system will help minimize the appearance of some scarring but below we discuss other options. For more information on the dermaroller please visit www.dermaroller.co.nz
Our homecare dermaroller is a cosmetic skin tool that dramatically increases the penetration and effectiveness of active substances up to 4000% compared to normal topical creaming. We guarantee you will get better faster results if you use the dermaroller with your serum or cream of choice. When used in conjunction with vitamins A and C you can reduce the appearance of scarring, soften fine lines and restore tone- all by using a completely natural process!
By rolling the cylinder on the skin’s surface you create micro-channels that effortlessly drive active vitamins, lipids and substances deeper into your skin, whilst stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process.
- Our roller has nearly 200 surgical grade stainless-steel micro points ( .25mm in length) that painlessly create thousands of tiny channels in the outer layer of the skin, allowing vitamins, enzymes and lipids to penetrate more deeply.
- Needle tips or micro-points are so fine they can barely be seen with the naked eye and only penetrate the epidermis and cannot reach the dermis. Your dr. dermacare roller will last up to 120 applications depending on use.
- Your roller comes with a special plastic cover to protect the head of the roller when not in use.
Benefits of the homecare dermaroller when used in conjunction with active substances:
- The process is entirely natural
- Dramatically increases the penetration of your skincare products ( up to 4000%) and treatments.
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Visibly reduces scarring, sun damage and pigmentation
- Skin becomes thicker and healthier
- The process is pain free
- There is no damage to the skin
- Supports collagen and elastin repair
- It can be used on all areas of the face, neck and body
- Great for stretchmarks and cellulite
- It is cost-effective, lasts hundreds of applications
To find out more about the dermaroller or acne scarring please visit www.dermaroller.co.nz
Retin-A is a derivative of Vitamin A that is applied to the skin and used to treat pimples and other skin problems. Retin-A works by increasing skin cell turnover. Retin A is also the only topical medication that has been proven to improve wrinkles. Retin-A is also used for the treatment of brown spots, roughness and photodamage (damage caused by long term exposure to the skin)
Side Effects of Retin-A
The effect of increased skin cell turnover can be irritation and flaking. For this reason, many people stop using Retin-A after a couple of days thinking that it didn’t work. It is important to realize that it may take several months to see a noticeable difference. You will however enhance your results if you use Retin A with our dermaroller. A sunscreen should be used during the day to protect your skin. Please go to our dermaroller website for more information on our acne scarring pack and other anti-ageing packs www.dermaroller.co.nz
This new technique is a surface form of dermabrasion. Rather than a high-speed brush, microdermabrasion uses aluminum oxide crystals passing through a vacuum tube to remove surface skin. Only the very surface cells of the skin are removed, so no additional wound is created. Multiple procedures are often required but scars may not be significantly improved.
Microdermabrasion can cost between $90-$150 per treatment and your therapist will probably recommend a course of at least 5-6 treatments followed by maintenance treatments. You may notice your skin is slightly reddened after the treatment but this will disappear within a few hours. Our view is that microdermabrasion is over-rated. It is fantastic for exfoliation but does not make a significant difference to pigmentation or scarring.